This hiking trip will take you to the beautiful Tighza Valley in the High Atlas moutains. Discover the calmth and peace in this stunning valley and enjoy life amongst the local, hospitable Amazigh people.
Tighza Valley – Walking and experiencing local life
- 8 day trip that will take you ‘back to basic’ in the rural life of the Amazigh (Berber) in Morocco
- 4 and a half day walking (easy – moderate level)
- Visit to the deserted Telouet Kasbah (an arabic fort that is previously inhabited by the ‘lord of the Atlas’)
- Drinking tea with a local family
- One night of camping at the shore of enchanting Lake Lamda
- Great views, stunning nature, calmth and peace and loads of fresh air
- Moroccan picknick lunches, prepared by out own cook
- 5 – 12 March 2017
- 4 – 20 persons per group
- Group will be accompagnied by a local guide
- Lugage will be carried by mules
- Breakfast, lunch and dinners are included (except in Marrakech)
- Stays in a hotel in Marrakech, a gite (rural Moroccan home) in Tighza and 1 night of camping
- For private trips you can contact us directly
€ 450,- per person (excl. flight)
Sunday – Marrakech
Arrive at Marrakech, transfer from the airport and stay at a comfortable hotel. Free-time to discover Marrakech.
Monday – Télouet and Tighza (1800 m)
We will take a 4.5 hour drive to Télouet (by minibus or 4×4) were we will visit the Glaoui Kasbah of Télouet. After that we will walk 5 km to our gite in Tighza
Tuesday – Tizi N’oukhsane (2300 m)
Today we will walk to the Tizi Nóukhsane and have dinner and stay in our gite. The picknick-lunch will be prepared by our own cook.
Wednesday – Tizi Nóuglagal (2200 m)
This morning we will walk to the Tizi Nouglagal. Lunch will be served at the gite.
In the afternoon we will visit the village Tighza and we will visit a Amazigh (Berber) family to drink tea. Dinner and stay will be at the gite
Thursday – Tamda Lake (2800 m)
Today we will walk to lake Tamda. Mules will carry our lugage and a cook will prepare a picknick-lunch. We will camp along the shore of Tamda Lake
Friday – Tighza
Today we will return to our gite in Tighza, were we will have dinner and spend the night.
Saturday – Marrakech
We leave Tighza Valley and return to Marrakech (5 hour drive) where we will stay at a hotel. In Marrakech we will have freetime
Free-time in Marrakech and transport to the airport. Additional nights in the hotel can be booked.
- Full Escort: Fully escorted by Hassan (your local mountain guide), muleteers and cook
- All Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner included, except in Marrakech; only breakfast is included in Marrakech
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4 transfers from and to the Airport and the Tizgha Valley
What is not included:
- Lunch and dinner in Marrakech
- International flights
- Sleeping bags
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel nights before or after trek, these can be purchased
Do you want to know more about the availability, flights or do you have other questions?
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or +212 6 62 74 30 23 (also for WhatsApp)