Explore the impressive mountains of the High Atlas, the magical Sahara desert to end your trip at the relaxing coast of Essaouira
Mountains, desert and beach; South Morocco
Always wanted to be overwhelmed by the majestic desert? Wander through the busy souks in the medina of Marrakech? Discover the High Atlas mountains? And relax in a pittoresque town along the Atlantic coast?
This is your trip!
In 8 days you can experience all this and be introduced to beautiful Morocco, with it’s fascinating places and it’s friendly people.
- 10 day trips that will show you the highlights of the diverse landscapes of Morocco
- Stay at the desert, including camelride
- Visit Unesco World Heritage Ait Benhaddou
- Hike through the majestic High Atlas
- Relax at laidback artists’ coast-town Essaouira (movie location for Game of Thrones)
- Visit the film location of Ouarzazate
- Relax level (few hours walking)
- Be informed about our new travel dates by leaving your details here
- 4 – 20 persons per group
- Group will be accompagnied by Hassan Hisse
- Breakfast, lunch and dinners are included (except in Marrakech)
- stays in a hotel in Marrakech, in a gite (rural Moroccan home) and camping in a basic camp in the desert
- Option to book extra stays before or after this trip
€ 770,- per person (excl. flight)
855,- USD per person (excl. flight)
This trip will lead you via the wilderniss of the High Atlas Mountains and all natures beauty, discover Unesco world Hermitage Ait Benhaddou en go to the beach with us to discover the relaxt atmosfere of Essaioura
Sunday – Marrakech
Arrive at Marrakech, transfer from the airport and stay at a comfortable hotel. Free-time to discover discover the impressive ‘red city’ Marrakech.
Today we will drive to the village Imlil (2 hours). From there on we will walk for about 1 hour to the village Aroumd. Your lugage will be packed on mules that will accompany you during the walk. If the walking is too much you can ride on a mule yourself. You’ll spend the night in a gite (rural Moroccan home), with great views of Mount Toubkal.
Tuesday – Ait Benhaddou
Today we will drive to Ait Benhaddou, that is located near the Sahara desert and we will roam through it’s the small streets. In the old days Ait Benhaddou was a trading place on the Sahara routes, nowadays it’s a unesco world heritage
Wednesday – Zagora
We will drive towards the Sahara (5 hours total), with a stop in the film location of Ouarzazate along the way. Afterwards we’ll continue to travel through the Draa Valley to Zagora, and take a stroll through the palm groves, explore the kashbars and wander around the surrounding countryside.
Thursday – Sahara camp
Today we will continue the trip and make a stop at Tamegroute. Here we will visit an old library and the underground Kasbah. We will continue the drive till end of the road at the frontier town of M’Hamid (1 hour). From here take a short camel ride through the dunes, where you’ll jump into 4WD vehicles.
We will reach the Erg Chigaga dunes in the late afternoon. Where we will sleep in a fairly basic camp (bedding, mattresses and toilet facilities). During the winter months of November to March it can get very cold at night, so it’s a good idea to bring base layers and a warm sleeping bag.
Friday – Taroudant
Today we’ll take a 6 hour drive to Taroudant. The riad (Moroccan guest house) tonight is 45 kilometres outside of Taroudannt and has a pool and a steamed bath (hammam).
Saturday – Essaouira
In the morning we will explore Taroudannt (also called ‘little Marrakech’). The we will leave the High Atlas Mountains and go to Essaouira (5 hour drive). This laidback artists’ town is a former Portuguese trading colony and was once home to sizeable British and Jewish populations. We will arrive in the early evening.
Sunday – Essaouira
In the morning we will do a guided city tour and in the afternoon you will have free-time to enjoy and relaxt in the city or on the beach.
Monday – Marrakech
In the morning you still have time to enjoy Essaouira. In the afternoon we will return to Marrakech (a 3 hours drive). Time for the last dinner with the group. We will end our stay at a hotel in Marrakech.
Tuesday – Marrakech
You will have free-time in Marrakech and we will bring you to the airport
- Full Escort: Fully escorted by Hassan (your local guide)
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4 transfers from and to the Airport and around, camel ride
What is not included:
- Lunch and dinner in Marrakech
- International flights
- Sleeping bags
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional stays before or after the trip, although these can be purchased
Do you want to now more about the availability, flights or do you have other questions?
Contact us via email@example.com or +212 6 62 74 30 23 (also for WhatsApp)