Looking for a breath-taking challenge in the African snow? Reach for the summit of the majestic Mount Toubkal with our Mount Toubkal Winter Trip. Enjoy the High Atlas at it’s best.
Mount Toubkal Winter Trip
- 8 day hiking trip
- Climbing the summit of Mount Toubkal
- 4 and a half day walking (though level)
- Enjoying the African winter and snow
- Spectaculair views from the High Atlas mountains
- Climbing instructions will be given
- Be informed about our new travel dates by leaving your details here
- 4 – 10 persons per group
- lugage will be carried by mules until the snow-line. In the snow porters will carry the lugage.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinners are included (except in Marrakech). Typical Moroccan food will be served prepared by a cook
- stays in a hotel in Marrakech, 4 nights in a gite (rural Moroccan home)
- Option to book extra stays before or after this trip
€ 450,- per person (excl. flight)
USD 499,- per person (excl. flight)
Sunday – Marrakech
Arrive at Marrakech, transfer from the airport and stay at a comfortable hotel. Free-time to discover discover the city.
Monday – Aremd
We drive to Imlil (by minibus or 4×4) and lunch over there. In the afternoon we will walk to Aremd where we will have some free-time to explore the environment.
Tuesday – Neltner refuge (3209m)
Today we will walk through the Mizane valley in the morning until we reach Neltner Regure. In the afternoon we will practice with the crampons and ice-axe. Hassan will show you all necessary techniques. Dinner and stay will be in our camp
Wednesday – Mount Toubkal (4167m)
Today we will rise early to start the ascent to Mount Toubkal. We will climb via the western flank. About an hour below the summit we enjoy our first views of the south. Reaching the top of Mount Toubkal will be the hightlight of the trip! We will enjoy the impressive view. We descend by the same route and will be back to the refuge to enjoy a late lunch. Dinner and stay will be in the refuge.
Thursday – Mount Ouanoukrim (4089m)
Today will be the heading fort he second highest mountain of North Arfica: Mount Ouanoukrim. We will need to scramble to get us to the summit plateau. This will be easy, but a little exposed in some places so Hassan will set up a rope where needed (about 100 metres). We will also cross the summit plateau to the Timzguida summit at 4089m. We will have dinner and stay in our refuge.
Friday – Tizi Ouanoums (3684 m)
Today we head for Tizi Ouanoums, jammed in a steep gorge on the side of Toubkal. From here we look down the steep southerly face to Lac D’Ifni. Afterwards we return and we will drive back to Marrakech.
Saturday – Marrakech
Today you will have freetime in Marrakech. To explore the amazing ’red city’ yourself. You can wander around the Djnaa el Fnaa square, buy (and bargain first) in the shouks. Roam around in the Medina. Or just sit, relax and enjoy the sun and some fresh orange juice.
You will have free-time in Marakech and we will bring you to the airport
- Full Escort: Fully escorted by Hassan (your local mountain guide), the muleteers and porters
- All Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner included, except in Marrakech; only breakfast is included in Marrakech
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4 transfers from and to the Airport and the mountains
- Climbing gear (of course you can bring your own)
What is not included:
- Lunch and dinner in Marrakech
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel nights before or after trek, these can be purchased
Do you want to now more about the availability, flights or do you have other questions?
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or +212 6 62 74 30 23 (also for WhatsApp)