Hike with us through the majestic desert! Take this impressive landscape in, enjoy the overwhelming sunsets and sleep under the starry sky.
Join us and wander around on one of world’s most magical places.
Marrakech – Moroccan Sahara
- 4 and a half day walking (moderate level)
- Hike and camp in the impressive desert
- Experience the magical desert sunset
- Great views, stunning nature and an immense landscape
- Visit a local pottery cooperative
- Moroccan picknick lunches, prepared by out own cook
- Free-time to discover impressive Marrakech
- Be informed about our new travel dates by leaving your details here
- 10 days
- 4 – 20 persons per group
- Group will be accompagnied by Hassan Hisse
- Lugage will be carried by camels
- Breakfast, lunch and dinners are included (except in Marrakech and Ourzazate)
- Stays in a hotel in Marrakech and Ourzazate and Ouled Driss, camping in a basic camp in the desert
- For private trips you can contact us directly
€ 650,- per person (excl. flight)
The Moroccan Sahara is a magical place. Hike with us through this immense landscape. Start the days early and experience on of nature’s most stunning sunrises. Discover the serenity and diversity of this scenery yourself.
We will start our trip in Marrakech and drive towards the Sahara. Where we will be accompanied by a cook and cameleers during this trip. We will camp in a fairly basic setting: bedding, matrasses and toilet facilities are provided. The last night of the trip (Ouled Driss) we will stay in a hotel. In Marrakech and Ourzazate we will stay at a hotel.
Sunday – Marrakech
Arrive at Marrakech, transfer from the airport and stay at a comfortable hotel. Free-time to discover the city.
Monday – Ourzazate
We will drive to Ourzazate. And stay in a hotel. Free-time to discover the city.
Tuesday – Talhatine Ait Ounir
We will walk to Talhatine Ait Ounit (4 hour walk), we will pass a stony plateau which looks like a moonlandcape. A picknick-lunch will be prepared by our cook. Dinner and camping will be in the small dunes in a beautiful environment. The camp itself will be fairly basic; bedding, matrasses and toilet facilities are provided
Wednesday – Zahar
We will walk to Zahar (4 hour walk). Once we’re arrived at the camp we will walk to the big dune and enjoy the a panoramic view. Dinner and camping will be in the camp.
Thursday – Ait Ounir
In the morning we will walk about 3,5 hours. Some parts will be over a hard plateau, but most of the time we will walk in the dunes. After our picknick-lunch we will walk for another 1,5 hours in the dunes tot the camp.
Friday – Ras Enkhal
Today will be our longest walk: we will walk about 6,30 hours. The landscape will be both dunes and stony desert. We will walk for 4 hours in the morning, enjoy our picknick lunch and walk for 2 more hours in the afternoon to our camp.
Saturday – Ouled Driss
During the morning we will walk (4,5 hours) and pass the old village Mhamid El Ghizlane
We will lunch in a palmerais and go to our hotel; We will stay in hotel ‘Chez le Pacha’, with a swimming pool. In the afternoon we will we have free-time
Sunday – Ourzazate
Today we will return to Ourzazate. We will pass Zagora and the Draa Valley
We will lunch in Agdez and visit the pottery cooperative which the origin of pottery in the most southern part of Morocco. After that we will have a 1 hour drive to Ourzazate and go to our hotel. After that you will have free-time.
Sunday – Marrakech
Today we will return to Marakech.
You will have free-time in Marrakech and we will bring you to the airport
- Full Escort: Fully escorted by Hassan (your local desert guide), cameliers and a cook
- All Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner included, except in Marrakech and Ourzazate; only breakfast is included in Marrakech and Ourzazate
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4 transfers from and to the Airport and the desert
What is not included:
- Lunch and dinner in Marrakech and Ourzazate
- International flights
- Sleeping bags
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel nights before or after trek, although these can be purchased
Do you want to now more about the availability, flights or do you have other questions?
Contact us via email@example.com or +212 6 62 74 30 23 (also for WhatsApp)