Jibel Saghro is a desolated mountain region in the South-East of Morocco. Behind the High Altas and next to the Sahara desert. There are impressive rock-formations and a divers landscape.
Hiking in Jibel Saghro ; a desolated mountain region in Morocco. Be amazed by the wonderful remote landscape and experience the simple life; take a step back and go back to basics!
- 4 and a half day walking (moderate level)
- Experience the impressive landscape and rock formations
- Visit Paradise Valley and the Valley of the Roses
- Great views, stunning nature and loads of fresh air
- Moroccan picknick lunches and dinners, prepared by out own cook
- 12 – 19 November 2017
- 3 – 10 December 2017
[contact-form-7 id=”279″ title=”Keep me updated”]
- 8 days
- 4 – 20 persons per group
- Group will be accompagnied by Hassan Hisse
- Lugage will be carried by mules
- Breakfast, lunch and dinners are included (except in Marrakech)
- Stays in a hotel in Marrakech, at gites (rural Moroccan home) and 3 nights of camping
- For private trips you can contact us directly
€ 450,- per person (excl. flight)
Sunday – Marrakech
Arrive at Marrakech, transfer from the airport and stay at a comfortable hotel. Free-time to discover Marrakech.
Monday – Tifrit
We will drive to Tifit (by minibus or 4×4). We will pass the Draa Valley and stop at Ourzazate until we arrive at Tifrit (called ‘Paradise Valley’), were we will have dinner in a gite (rural Moroccan home) and pass the night.
Tuesday – Ighazoun
Today we will walk to along the river, desert country and canyons (about 5 hours walk). A picknick-lunch will be prepared by our cook. Dinner will be served at our camp.
Wednesday – Iwraghn (2400 m)
Today we will walk about 5,5 hours. A picknick-lunch will be prepared by our cook. Dinner will be served at our camp.
Thursday – Almou N’Oarg (2200 m)
We will walk via the Karkawch pass (2500 m) to Almou N’Ouarg, a 5 our walk with picknick-lunch. Dinner and camping will be at a location with a beautiful view.
Friday – Tagdilt (1800 m)
During the morning we will walk (4 hours) to Tagdilt. We will stay in a gite. In the afternoon we will we have free-time.
Saturday – Marrakech
We will drive by minibus and return to Marrakech (8 hour drive). We willl pass Boumalne Dades and Kelaat M’gouna (valley of the roses). After arrival you will have free-time to roam around beautiful Marrakech.
Free-time in Marrakech and transport to the airport. Additional nights in the hotel can be booked.
- Full Escort: Fully escorted by Hassan (your local mountain guide), muleteers and cook
- All Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner included, except in Marrakech; only breakfast is included in Marrakech
- Transport: Minibus or 4×4 transfers from and to the Airport and the Tizgha Valley
What is not included:
- Lunch and dinner in Marrakech
- International flights
- Sleeping bags
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and items of a personal nature
- Additional hotel nights before or after trek, these can be purchased
Do you want to now more about the availability, flights or do you have other questions?
Contact us via email@example.com or +212 6 62 74 30 23 (also for WhatsApp)